I write Proof of Leadership as a way of keeping up the research and news that’s happening in the field/s of:
- organisational performance
- leadership and culture
- executive coaching
- learning and development
- teams and groups
- people and management
- people and community engagement
- personal development
- innovation and collaboration
- organizational strategy
- accelerated and effective change
As a performance strategist (not sure how else to describe what I do) I spend most of my time advising people and organizations on creating sustainable change and using leadership to do this.
My interest in these areas comes from experience including:
- creating frameworks for leader development from recruitment through to retirement and establishing programs of development – more than 8,000 leaders accessed these leadership programs over 10 years.
- executive coaching for more than 60 executives
- designing and delivering 36 successful leadership programs for executives and managers in the commercial, government and non-profit sectors
- managing significant change projects including building a regional office structure, implementing new IT systems, organisational re-direction, creating HR performance systems, building organisational capability, and downsizing
- delivering training programs in performance strategy, HR management, change management, team development and effective culture change
- facilitating workshops on business planning, team conflict, community planning, scenario planning, collaborative problem solving, and future visioning
- writing papers and presenting at conferences on collaboration, leadership, change management and culture change – and the people like me who create this change
Proof of Leadership is also a way of hearing what other people are thinking, working on and struggling with improving their organisational, team and personal performance.
I’m passionate about continuing to find ways to create organisations that are responsive and real for people and that balance performance and care. It’s important to me to be able to work both in thinking about the strategy of organisations and to be in close touch with the people involved.
Proof of Leadership reflects my views only and not those of my current or previous clients or employers.
I’m located in Melbourne, Australia and am proud to also work with Women’s Property Initiatives which creates safe homes for women and children in need.